Tuesday 19 February 2013

'Don't Trust Electric Sparks' Poem



I like you in a way that is undefinable so please don't try define me
My body getting close to you is just an electric spark going wild



It means NOTHING, I just can't control it

Your smile may mean everything but your love says make an effort
I can't hear the sharps and flats of love notes in your voice anymore

I am deaf to hearing anything about love

So please stop tuning me like your going mad for me to hear them cause I can't
Fantasies, even good ones, should be only that as you never use contraception

and they don't create BABIES

So stop all exercise, cause your muscles can't carry my problems
I prefer myself disliking your stubborn streak saying it's too much like me

Keep distance between our cities

To stop me from giving up everything I have ever owned to go live in yours
LIke ripped paper hats and popped party balloons on a hungover morning

We were never meant to be FOREVER

Your just a flicker of light for someone else's night time apartment
I have a power cut in my bedroom but I need a more permanent solution

Which we can never be so I am sorry….

I still think about you when I go to sleep and dream about you when my brain stops thinking
But our dreams don't go far enough to meet my needs or to stop us both being paralyzed 


No comments:

Post a Comment