Tuesday 5 February 2013

What It Is To Care For Someone Regardless If They Care Back

Life has thrown some rocks at me

But I know I should be the bigger person and look at my scars like I am lucky that they are only that. 

Still I wonder.

What it is to care about someone very deeply. 

It is almost like you can't get me vex (Trini term for angry) unless I care for you in a deep way. You cannot get me in a flood of tears unless I know your worth me crying over you with them. 

There are some people I meet on my journey that I want to carry with me wherever I go because they are genuinely nice but due to practicalities it may not possible. 

I think I should start a 'nice people' appreciation club, that way regardless of if they come with me or not on my journey, they can know that I appreciate them and want good things in their life. 

Feelings are momentary (and can sometimes be wrong) but appreciation of something or someone lasts a lifetime. 

The people who I feel are on my 'I will appreciate you for a lifetime list'... I feel like it doesn't matter how much time has gone by since we last spoke, seen each other or the stuff that's happened between us. If you are still that same person with the same heart, then will appreciate you and time will have no bearings of that. 

I must say it is hard to get on this list, but it's even harder to get off. 

You don't have to speak to me often, or ever, but if you ever do again then it would be like no time has passed. I will fight to keep you in my life but life has a funny way of causing ripples and making some people float away. 

It's ok. Then you will be in my dreams and the piece you gave me would be in my ambitions and as I reach my goals I will be getting closer to you and to what your presence made me.

Those you who are still here I appreciate 'us' greatly. Things you can do when you have a friend by your side.

I suppose this post is to my friends. All of you who are still mine and those who are someone else's. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this too Sacha, loving the creative you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely... and you definitely fall into I will appreciate you forever category! xxx

      Delete