Wednesday 27 February 2013

'A Poem That Is Calling For Respect' by Sacha Wise


RESPECT ME

without dismissing

RESPECT ME

like I am human

RESPECT ME

without changing me

RESPECT ME

I am human

RESPECT ME

like I'm you

RESPECT ME

I bleed brokenness too

RESPECT ME

I want so many things I can't have

don't need but admire

You

I feel bottled up inside your words

as you smash them on me

skin is broken

I bleed

so

do you

I ask for what you

find impossible to give

RESPECT

Mighty word

with action

so your sorry

is just a sorry reaction

Leave me empty and alone

I'd rather that than saying your my home

Treasure us like the past

because you don't

know me

or

owe me

Just respect the need for you to

not be in my life

I can't keep

saying it

with

empty words

that miss your ears 

and miss

mine




like

please 

one 

day

respect 

me



Then we can start again

like we never ended

my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment