Thursday 21 March 2013

Searching For Love... Poem by Sacha Wise


I learnt love from the guy who loved me
I didn't want to be with him

    But still he loved me

I learnt heart break from the guy whom I loved
He didn't want to be with me

    But still I loved him

I learnt hostility from the guy I married
I learnt patience

    But he said he had never loved me


I will stop searching for love in basements
under stairs, in cupboards and on book shelves

Where instead all I find is dust and cobwebs
   and empty space. I will start recognising 

love when I see it and not fall for it's easier, 
uglier sister, who is more like 
a well meaning brother

     I will find you 

Or you will find me

Because like love 
we are meant to be together

I will 
one day 
love you

No comments:

Post a Comment